BigFreeBet.com Cup Quarter Final
History will show the result of this game as being a slim 1-0 victory to Larkhall thanks to a 70th minute goal from Alex Lambert , but those that were there will know that it was only the outstanding performance of Carl Crabtree that prevented a cricket score as Larkhall totally dominated all aspects of the match.
Unusually, I have just written down my times and notes from the night as I feel that any other descriptive words would just dilute the total domination that Larkhall had in this match and the number of times that Frome were saved by their goalkeeper Carl Crabtree, who was understandably the ONLY candidate for the H&B Tyres Man of the Match Award.
1) George Miller early chance but straight into Armstong’s body.
6) Two sharp saves from Crabtree after a poor throw out had given Larkhall possession
13) Alex Lambert into space and good Crabtree save from close range
16) Greg Peel clipped shot and Crabtree tips over the bar.
22) Joe Tumelty clean through but shot cleared off the line by defender.
24) Crabtree out to save as Tumelty outpaces Kris MIller, then Peel lofts rebound over the bar.
28) Kris Miller fouled (first of the game?). Free kick taken and a shout for a penalty as Darren Jefferies goes down in the box.
34) Crabtree out well to block Aysa Corrick as Larkhall break through again.
40) Tumelty shoots over from 15 yards.
45) Alex Lambert low shot into Crabtree’s body.
Half Time 0-0
46) Frome defender clears off the line following Larkhall corner, then George King long range shot over the bar.
48) Good double low save from Crabtree as Larkhall go close again.
50) Alex Lambert hits the Frome post from 20 yards and Crabtree saves the rebound again from close range.
51) Crabtree saves again from Tumelty. 55) Crabtree saves low from Greg Peel.
56) Ollie Knowles free kick from 22 yards very easy for Larkhall keeper Armstrong
57) Crabtree saves low from Peel as Larkhall break through again.
63) How on earth is it still 0-0????
70) 1-0 to Larkhall as Lambert cuts in from the right and curls a left foot shot round Crabtree and into the far corner. Totally deserved.
72) Lambert in again and Corrick shoots into body of Crabtree
75) Tumelty does well on left and Peel volleys over from 15 yards.
80) Larkhall go very close again as Tumelty just fails to slide in and get a touch at the far post to a low drive.
90) A little late pressure from Frome leads to a corner that is headed away with ease.
92) Final whistle blows.