Supporters Club Aims and Achievements
Frome Town Supporters Club started as just an idea of founder and vice chairman John Turner.His vision became reality in late Summer of 2012 and started with nothing other than a combined determination to do well for the Club.
Our mission and aims are to:
- Be an independent voice of the supporters
- Raise money for specified and agreed projects for the Club as a whole.
- Seek to listen and continuously improve our efforts for our members.
- Make a significant contribution to the improvement of Frome Town Footbal Club.
Many local businesses offer discounts to members for a wide range of goods and services.
We have an extremely committed committee who all make contributions to move us forward and arrange regular fund raising events.
We welcome everyone as a member.
Supporter’s Club AGM
24/05 – Last Monday evening saw the 2016/17 Supporters Club A G M at the Venue . A well attended meeting saw the committee report on a highly successful year . Main highlights were ;
- Meeting the ambitious criteria of – Reaching our £30,000 Floodlight Appeal target- plus covering the movement and refurbishing costs of the new cabin.
- Opening the new cabin – named the Rose Adams room.
- A review of the year – the ups and downs.
- The meeting heard that the Supporters Club had raised a total of around £48,000 on projects for the club since it’s conception.
- The committee thanked everyone for their support in achieving these aims ranging from the pensioners who regularly contribute a small sum almost every week to the generous donations from other members . The committee also thanked everyone from the community who has supported our events . Similarly all those local companies who have supported us. Without this support the ambitious targets would not have been met.
- The committee have set future project meetings with the Board starting in July.
- Additional benefits are being reviewed for members , together with ambitious upgrades within the cabin and online . Details will be announced once further discussion has taken place .
- Additional volunteers would be welcome to either join the committee or assist with IT developments.
- Derek Graham updated the meeting on the squad.
- The committee thanked the management and squad for an excellent season and also the board for support of the team and their energy required to run the club.
- All the committee were re-elected .
- Membership remains unchanged at £10 or £20 for a family . There is a reduction for single under 16 membership. With all the benefits on offer £10 has to be good value, so why not join.
There was considerable debate which the committee appreciated and the meeting closed with thanks to all who attended.
Floodlight Update August 2017
The final results of the Supporter’s Club Floodllight Appeal (2014 – 2017) can now be published
Final Cost was £58,996.00, of which the Supporter’s Club raised £29,498.00 and this total was matched by the Football Stadia Improvement Fund (thank you).
The supporters Club wish to sincerely thank all our members , fans and the local community at large for all their fantastic support of our fundraising activities over the course of the project in reaching our target on schedule.
FTSC Committee August 2017
Membership of Frome Town Supporters Club costs £10 a year, allows access to the cabin and very reasonably priced hot drinks before the game and at half time. ( The tea is made in a proper tea pot and comes in a proper mug!!) Membership also allows discounts at a number of businesses in the town and a list of those businesses will be published soon.
Family Prize Bingo
- The Venue, Frome Town Football Club, Berkeley Road.
- Held on the last Friday of the month, start at 7:30 pm.
- Next Dates (all at 7:30 pm)
- Friday August 25th, September 29th and October 27th
- Everybody Welcome, Free Entry, Books just £6
Cash Flyers £1, Hot Food Available